Jansz Amsterdam


Dear all! 

How is your day going so far? 
I am using mine to start blogging again. Today I look back to a special visit to a restaurant in Amsterdam, which is called Jansz. The restaurant is starting to be quite popular. However, the restaurant has a special place in my hart. 

Did you know that the restaurant is part of the Pulitzer hotel? After three years of working at the Pulitzer hotel, mostly in the former Restaurant Keizersgracht 238 now called Jansz, I still feel connected to the place. And it is a very special place, if you ask me. The interior is define! The former floor of the restaurant was covered with marble. They have removed the marble from the floor and created the table tops. I think that is very creative.

The food is excellent too! I ordered the bavette steak, which is not very common. It is from the lower part of the cow and very tender as tasty!

The dessert was fine not very special, no I am just kidding with you! It looked amazing. I tried the peach frangipane with milk ice cream. Is truly as rich and fancy as it sounds. Frangipane is an almond pastry cream that can be used as a filling in tarts or cakes. The term can be used to refer to both the almond cream itself or the pastry that is filled with it.



Not only the restaurant has changed but the whole hotel is going to be renovated. It is not all finished but some area's look already extraordinary. Take a peek at a define sitting area right next to the bar.


So, that's it about my visit at Janz. If you want to take a look yourself, below you will find the address and please tell me if you went and off course what your thoughts are!

(Reestraat 8, 1016DN Amsterdam)

Thank you for reading this blog!

Love,
Romy




Reacties

Populaire posts