maandag 29 september 2014

Venice is just like it is in the movies

Venice is awesome and so amazingly beautiful! 

A few weeks ago I traveled from Milano to Venice. It was very easy, you can take the train and it will take you like 2,5 hours to get there!

The station is in the city center of Venice. You can choose to take the boat or to see all the amazing stuff by foot.



I did the last one. And wauw I walked a lot but I have seen every beautiful canal and all the historical buildings too. It is so breath taking! I have to tell you.. 

You are not the only one who is visiting Venice. There a hundreds maybe thousands of people who are there the same day as you are. And they want to make the same pictures as you want to make. But Venice is so beautiful that you don't mind it at all. At least I didn't.

I had only one day to visit Venice and it was enough for me to see the highlights. Although I like to come back again, to spend the night.

What I really like is that the buildings are all surrounded by water. It is so beautiful and in the Fall the buildings will be a bit under water. I really want to see that too.

There are a lot of shops that sells masks. The masks are a typical item of Venice. They are so colourful and they use them for Carnival.
Carnival is an annual tradition of Venice. It started after a victory the "Serenissima Repubblica" against the Patriarch of Aquileia, Ulrico di Treven in the year 1162.
(Wikipedia is my best friend in this one)




You cannot miss the gondolas in Venice. It is so romantic to do that with your boyfriend! It is expensive though, like 80 euro expensive. I heard that George Clooney visited Venice last Saturday and that they float true all the small canals. Such a shame that I missed it.. A lot of people getting married in Venice. I think I saw three brides and one wedding! 

There is also a famous bridge the Rialto Bridge. It is one of the four bridges spanning the Grand Canal in Venice. It is very large with some small shops on top of the bridge. The view is amazing!
It depends from which side you come otherwise you have to cross the bridge to get to San Marco square. It is amazing and it's one of the world's most famous squares with the palace and the Cathedral.

Check out my pictures below!
Love, Romy






view from the Rialto Bridge

San Marco sqaure
Een reactie plaatsen